Management & Finance
MMWD is governed by a five-member board of directors, with each director elected to represent one of five geographic areas. The board appoints a general manager to supervise all district operations.
Finance: FY20 and FY21 Budget Summary and Highlights On June 18, 2019, MMWD's Board of Directors adopted the operating and capital budget for fiscal years 2019/20 (FY20) and 2020/2021 (FY21).
The budget is comprised of $105.2 million in FY20 and $107.9 million in FY21, for a two-year total of $213.1 million. Combined expenses for FY20 and FY21 include operating expenses of $169.8 million (including $20.5 million in debt service expenditures) and capital and Fire Flow projects of $43.3 million. Combined projected revenues for FY20 and FY21 include: water sales of $164.8 million, other operating revenues of $6.4 million, and fire flow fees of $9.0 million. Capital projects will be almost wholly funded through a Capital Maintenance Fee (CMF) producing $16.5 million in each FY20 and FY21 for a total of $33.5 million (assuming an indexed 4% for inflation in FY21).
Included in these budgets is an additional $1 million annually in funding, generated by the CMF, dedicated to watershed fire protection/fuel management needs. Benefits of this action include:
- Securing long-term funding for fire protection, beyond routine vegetation management work
- Ensuring an additional $200,000 of capital equipment purchases are maintained (i.e. excavator replacement, fire apparatus, forestry equipment)
- Allowing for a significantly increased investment above what would be achieved with the currently proposed 4% rate increase to the operating budget
- Meeting target investments for Biodiversity Fire and Fuels Integrated Plan
The District continues to assess work processes and procedures to identify opportunities that create operational efficiencies. The District’s authorized full-time employee position count for FY20 and FY21 remains at 240, a decrease from the high of 266 employees in FY10.
For information regarding MMWD's Financing Corporation, visit this page.
- 2007 Audited Financial Statements
- 2008 Audited Financial Statements
- 2009 Audited Financial Statements
- 2010 Audited Financial Statements
- 2011 Audited Financial Statements
- 2012 Audited Financial Statements
- 2013 Audited Financial Statements
- 2014 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- 2015 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- 2016 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- 2017 Audit Award
- 2017 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- 2018 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Operating and Capital Budget for Fiscal Years 2019-20 and 2020-21
- Operating and Capital Budget for Fiscal Years 2017-18 and 2018-19
- Operating and Capital Budget for Fiscal Years 2015-16 and 2016-17
- Operating and Capital Budget for Fiscal Years 2013-14 and 2014-15
- Operating and Capital Budget for Fiscal Years 2011-12 and 2012-13
- 2011 - 2012 Budget Summary Statements
- 2014 Five-Year Strategic Plan
- Retiree Healthcare Plan, June 30, 2012 GASB 45 Actuarial Valuation
- Retiree Healthcare Plan, June 30, 2013 GASB 45 Actuarial Valuation
- Retiree Healthcare Plan, June 30, 2015 GASB 45 Actuarial Valuation
- Retiree Healthcare Plan, June 30, 2017 GASB 75 Actuarial Valuation
- Retiree Healthcare Plan Funding, June 30, 2017 Actuarial Valuation
- MMWD Organizational Chart
- MMWD Cost of Service Study May 2017