School Education Program
Congratulations, MMWD 2018 Water Scholars!
In May, MMWD awarded $1,000 scholarships to five graduating high school seniors in our service area. Applicants were required to submit an original essay sharing their ideas about the importance of clean water, water conservation and watershed preservation. We’ll be publishing all the winning essays right here over the course of the summer, so stay tuned!
- Maria Espinoza, San Rafael High School: "Why the Mt. Tamalpais Watershed is Beneficial to Me and Many Others"
- China Granger, Redwood High School: "Dawn on the Mountain"
- Lubna Mulla, Tamalpais High School: "I Will Always Be Grateful"
- Cameron Pey, Sir Francis Drake High School: "Liquid Gold"
- Taylor Powers, Marin Catholic High School: "A Place to Explore and Conquer"
To learn more, read the news release about our 2018 Water Scholars.
2017-18 School Year Water Education Programs
The Marin Municipal Water District is pleased to offer FREE, fun-filled water education programs for schools in our service area during the 2017-18 school year. Join us and learn all about one of the most amazing substances on earth—water—at one of the most amazing places on earth: the Mt. Tamalpais Watershed.
Our programs are designed to support California education standards while fostering water conservation and environmental stewardship. Programs fill up quickly, so reserve your space today!
New for 2017-18
- Water Scholars Program, for grade 12
- Roving Ranger
- Park Pass
- Water Conservation Walk, for grades 3-5
- Watershed Ecology & Restoration, for grades 3-5
- Field Science and Restoration, for grades 10-12
- School Bus Reimbursements
- Water Conservation & Supply, for grades 3-12
- Do-It-Yourself Water Conservation, for grades 3-12
- The Musical Watershed, for grades K-6
- STEM Aligned Online Curriculum, for grades 4-9
- Service Learning, for grades 5-12
- Trout in the Classroom, for all grades
All programs are offered at no cost to schools located in MMWD’s service area. Programs are offered on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to change or cancellation at any time. We welcome your feedback and your ideas for other water education programs. Email us with your thoughts or questions.
Teachers: Are you on our email list? To receive news about our water education programs, visit our e-newsletter sign up form and select "Water Wonders."