Please use this form to reserve your Water Conservation Walk (grades 3-5). All programs are free and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to change or cancellation at any time. To qualify, schools must be located in the Marin Municipal Water District’s service area.
• Minimum of 20 students required.
• A typical field trip lasts 2½ hours.
• Field trips take place at Lake Lagunitas.
• There is an optional classroom visit 1-2 weeks prior to the field trip, which lasts about 45 minutes.
• Bus reimbursements are available, up to $500 per school, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please mark your first and second preference for field trip dates and times.
If yes, please provide first and second choice of day/time below.
Please choose a date 1-2 weeks before your first choice field trip.
Please choose a date 1-2 weeks before your second choice field trip.
I understand that:
• I am responsible for ensuring an adult-to-student ratio of 1:6;
• Natural hazards may be encountered on this field trip, including poison oak, bees, wasps, snakes, ticks, changing weather, and uneven terrain;
• Field trip may be cancelled in the event of severe weather at the discretion of MMWD;
• I am responsible for ensuring that all drivers and vehicles remain on site and accessible throughout the duration of the field trip;
• Products exist to help prevent poison oak (like Ivy Block) and/or to remove oil on the skin after exposure (like Technu), and I understand that these products could be applied at home or school with parental permission to reduce the chances of getting poison oak;
• The best way to avoid poison oak and other natural hazards is to wear long pants, long-sleeved shirts, and closed-toed shoes;
• I am solely responsible for all field trip participants if I choose to stay on watershed lands with my group after the conclusion of the MMWD-led portion of the field trip, and I understand that MMWD staff will not be providing oversight after the conclusion of the MMWD-led portion;
• All participating students must complete a MMWD Student Permission Slip and return the form to MMWD before the field trip.
Once we have scheduled and confirmed your request via email, we will send maps with driving directions, parking passes, and student permission slips. Signed permission slips will be collected on the day of the field trip. If you have any questions about your field trip, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to seeing you and your students soon!
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field